GSA Diploma in Strategic Sourcing
Time: 9am - 5pm
Date: Thursday 13th October 2016
Venue: Eversheds, 1 Wood St, London EC2V 7WS
Participants are supported by experienced course tutors who are able to coach students and will also benefit from working with others on the programme. The course is highly practical in its focus, with the emphasis clearly on real world challenges and the need to identify where and how value can be added.
The academic aspect of the programme serves to add considerable rigour to participants’ thinking and approach.
This can provide significant value for participants who may for example be:
• Leading a new sourcing initiative
• Looking at ways of improving the benefits of existing sourcing arrangements
• Investigating the potential value of various strategic sourcing options
• Exploring ways of engaging more effectively with clients
• Considering whether to offshore
• Developing their own expertise in sourcing and want to research specific topics
• Tasked with addressing specific issues including innovation, multisourcing, governance, exit management, business case development, communication, people management.
Diploma programmes have included professionals from a wide range of organisations including: CGI; Deloitte; The Phoenix Group; Capital One Bank; BBC; East Sussex Council; HML; UKAR; EE; Teleperformance; National Grid; Land Registry; Shell; CFS; Williams Lea; Guardian Media Group, Telegraph Media Group; Ulster Bank; Astra Zeneca; Sofica; Exigent; Unilever; Zurich.
There are 3 one-day workshops to attend. Additional support is provided remotely by tutors that is arranged to fit in where possible with participants’ schedules.
The programme typically takes around 11 months to complete. Successful completion of the programme results in the award of the GSA Diploma in Strategic Outsourcing and individuals can add the letters ‘DipGSA’ after their names.
The programme is accredited with 60 University level 7 credits and can be used as the basis for continuing post graduate level study, for example working to a full masters degree. There are no prior educational requirements to register for this programme, however, candidates are expected to be in a leadership or management role.